Saturday December 10, 2011
The Arts Barn hosted its “Winter Festival” Open House and Art Raffle drawing!
We had a great day seeing many old and new friends including several of our artists!
We’re also happy to have received press coverage from The Pottsville Republican Herald! You can read the article, entitled: Local artists, holiday shoppers turn out for The Arts Barn’s Winter Festival.
Our lucky raffle winners and their prizes are listed below. Congratulations all!
- Jayne (no last name listed) won the cheese wine bottle made and donated by Amy Weidensaul.
- Becky Matz won the coffee grinder made and donated by Brad Sears.
- Rose Johnson won the painted snowman on antique wooden paddle painted donated by Patti Kahler.
- Gwen Gentile won the antique quilt made and donated by Annie Trexler.
- K. Evancholk won the scarf made and donated by Wilfrieda Axsmith.
- Nicholas Keller won the wooden hand carved decoy donated by Jeff Keiffer.
- Joanne Schleck won the hand crafted leather journal donated by Kirstin Bordner.
- Anne Shollenberger won the necklace made and donated by Lois Lizewskie.
- Wyatt Pierce won the painting by Dave Hughes.
- Lynn (no last name listed) won the owl bottle opener made and donated by Todd Gladfleter.
Thank you to all the artists for their generous and beautiful donations to our auction. Proceeds were divided between the artists and The Arts Barn.
Fall Harvest Festival
November 5, 2011
The Arts Barn hosted its “Fall Harvest Festival” open house!
We had a wonderful Harvest Festival. The weather cooperated beautifully. Kirstin set up the Kids Korral and there was a campfire with s’mores, hay bales for climbing, a kids crafts table and Kirstin even taught the kids to rope a steer (using a plastic steer head, of course! We had hot spiced cider, home made applesauce and two kinds of delicious home made soup. Todd was outside doing his chain saw carvings and we met many many new friends. We started our Art Raffle with 10 pieces of donated art. Proceeds will benefit the Arts Barn and the artists 50/50!
“All About Birds” Festival
October 1, 2011
The Arts Barn hosted its “All About Birds” open house!
We had a beautiful day and most wonderful time and got to meet many new neighbors for our All About Birds event! Three tents were set up outdoors for display and children’s crafts. Several of our artists showed up to demonstrate or display their work, and we got to meet some of them for the first time!
“Shavings and Sawdust” Father’s Day Festival
June 18, 2011
Our fantastic woodsmen put on a terrific show!
Lots of wonderful father’s day gifts were purchased.
Mother’s Day Event
We had a most wonderful Mother’s Day Event, Baubles and Bangles. We had a good number of artists here to share the day and the kids enjoyed making beautiful trivets for Mom. We had flowers and beautiful cupcakes made by Rachel Keller for the Moms too.
Our new gallery, besides being beautiful, is VERY functional for those who want to sit and relax, sip a drink, enjoy a snack and view the art, or take a class or workshop.
We have MANY heartfelt thank you’s to all those who helped make our re-opening such a success:
- Thank you to Bill and his gang who constructed our new gallery and put up with never-ending new and changing ideas as we went along.
- THANK YOU to all the artists who attended and either demonstrated or pitched in.
- Thank you to Toby for doing the most beautiful craft projects with all who were interested.
- Thank you to Rachel Keller for our beautiful (and delicious) Arts Barn cakes.
- Thank you to Scott for our always-wonderful web site and constant updates (all volunteer work)
- Thank you to Ben for our sound system which will be further updated in the future (what is art without music?).
- Thank you to Betsy and Annie for catering to ALL of us ALL weekend with such delicious and healthy foods.
- Thank you to Stephen for lunch runs, and the wonderful photos.
- Thank you to Barb, Lois, and Betsy for such scrumptious snacks in the gallery all weekend.
- Thank you to Amanda for terrific coverage in the Pottsville Republican. The article can be found here.
- Thank you to Barb, Kirstin and Dave for long, long, long hours in setting up the both galleries.
- Thank you to Todd for demonstrating his amazing talent with his chainsaw all weekend for all to enjoy.
- Thank you to Glenn for ALL of his behind-the-scenes help with everything.
- Thank you to Dave and Todd and Glenn for all of the hanging, moving and “guy-work” needed to pull all this together.
- Thank you to Jesse, Sylvia, Suzanne, Sarah, Mackenzie, Milo and Sadie for making the long trip and being so supportive!!!
Thank you to anyone whom I might have overlooked in this list!!!! THANK YOU!!!!